Today, I wanted to talk about a few unique or different looking types of fish that you can keep in your aquarium. Let’s make a list of some weird fish, feel free to add a comment with a unique fish that you have seen in the aquarium hobby!
1. Ranchu Goldfish – Oh man this fish in ugly! LOL No but really, it is a very different looking goldfish with bug-eyes and bubbly cheeks. I do know some people like to keep these Goldfish, but they are not for me!
2. Glass Catfish – Now, this is a pretty neat looking fish! I use to own one in my freshwater community aquarium. They are very slender and are about 4 to 5 inches in length. The coolest part is that you can see right through them and see their skeleton. Very different and will pull attention to any aquarium landscape.
3. Pleco – I know these catfish are very popular in the aquarium industry, but they are pretty unique because of their prehistoric look. It’s like a dinosaur in your fish tank!
4. Gars – I have never actually owned a Gar Fish but they are very unique aquarium fish! I always check them out when I visit my local fish store. Gars are very long and slender, they are straight like a pencil. Check them out!
5. Ghost Shrimp – Now I have pretty much always kept Ghost Shrimp in my aquariums. They are very unique freshwater invertebrates and will clean algae! Perfect. They are similar to glass catfish since they both have transparent bodies. It is cool to see the food their eating travel to their stomach. Weird!
Have an unique aquarium fish in mind? LEAVE A COMMENT! Or hit up Wet Talk Forum for more fishy talk.